Monday, July 05, 2010

Why are you giving me this?

Aarushi had just woken up. She was hungry. As she entered the living room, she saw dadu eating some namkeen. She jumped at the opportunity and starting eating some of those bhujia.

When I joined her in the room, I tasted the bhujia myself and found them to be very spicy. I asked Aarushi if she found them spicy and if she should stop. She insisted that she was enjoying it and asked me for helpings. I obliged hesistantly.

She then came to me and asked, 'Papu, aap mujhe mirch wali bhujia kyon khila rahe ho?' I said, 'because you asked for it'.

Does God give us our 'mirch wali bhujia', that is, 'not so pleasant experiences' because we ask for them? Isn't this "The Secret"?

He asks us if we really want it, if He thinks that it might not be as good as it looks... But we want to experiment OR at times want something simply because we don't have it OR want it because He asks us to not have it... At times, giving in to His word, is all that is needed to get something palatable on our plate...

No comments: